Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Media Assessments Analyst for a full-time position supporting our United States Government (USG) customer. The Media Assessments Analyst will provide analytical support to the military leaders and decision makers. Typical Applicants for this position include: professionals from academia, the military or private industry with extensive experience in media analysis, effects assessment, geospatial analysis, statistical analysis, social sciences research methods, or software design support for analytical processes. This position will report to the In-Country Program Manager and Section Lead.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• The Media Advisor will be a primary trusted counselor and planner for senior decision-makers in all matters related to strategic communications
• Produce daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly media assessment reports
• Comply with all published HSE policies and procedures. Foster safe work practices for all coworkers and subordinates. Report any and all deficiencies to management with an eye towards continuous safety improvement
• Active DOD SECRET security clearance. TOP SECRET may be required, dependent on position
• Bachelor's of Science Degree highly desired
• Graduate degree in social sciences disciplines or Operations Research preferred
• Minimum of 5+ years applied or academic experience in media, government, or social sciences analytical roles
• Minimum of 5-10 years articulated experience in Operational Analysis, Measures of Effects, Measures of Performance and Battalion or Brigade (SF Group) level staff experience with commensurate schooling at Advanced NCO Courses or Advanced Company Grade Officer Courses
• A Veteran or Retired member of the active or reserve Special Operations Forces in the skill set of PSYOP/MISO (Sergeant or Staff Sergeant- 37A/ 37F), Special Forces (Prefer Captain/ Major 18A, Chief Warrant Officer Two or Three 180A or Sergeant First Class/ Master Sergeant 18Z/18F MOS) and Civil Affairs (Captain/ Major 38A/ Sergeant First Class/ Master Sergeant 38B/F)
• Familiar with Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)
• Current or previous support to the USCENTCOM AOR desired
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the culture, history, politics, economics and ethnographic makeup of Afghanistan
• Must have working proficiency in Microsoft Office Power Point, Excel, and Word
• Work cooperatively with the U.S. military, other U.S. governmental agencies, and their counterparts from the international community represented in Afghanistan
• Function effectively during heightened threat levels and extended periods of high stress and physical danger and discomfort
• Organize and properly prioritize work assignments and function well in an environment that requires constant multi-tasking - and often long hours
• Excellent written, oral, briefing, interpersonal and technical skills
• Live and work daily with military customer in austere conditions across Afghanistan
• Function effectively and efficiently in a conflict zone, during extended periods of high pressure and stress
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.