Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is searching for a Senior Buyer to work in Taji, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Duties include evaluating complex bids, selecting and recommending suppliers, and analyzing, then negotiating price, delivery, quality, and service
• Responsible for following up on all awards until completion of order
• Establishes robust common processes as well as continuous improvement programs determined by project needs
• Executes sourcing strategies in the U.S. and abroad
• Processes requisitions and pricing requests using the purchasing system
• Maintains complete and accurate procurement records consistent with a government approved purchasing system
• Research products and coordinate and compile necessary documentation detailing use of competitive bidding
• Collaborate with internal customers to ensure requirements are clearly defined and customer is kept apprised of status
• Assist junior staff in establishing and maintaining compliant files
• Additional duties include career development and supervision of lower level buyers and may also involve assistance with administration of some services subcontracts
• Minimum eight (8) years’ experience procuring commercial and government items and in developing procurement specifications and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services globally
• Minimum eight (8) years relevant experience as a buyer in support of U.S. Government programs under a government approved purchasing system
• Experience procuring and documenting per the FARS for government purchases
• Working knowledge of purchasing products for delivery to international and high risk areas
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team
• Demonstrable proficiency in MS Office suite
• Working knowledge of Deltek CostPoint
• Accredited 4 year degree or equivalent with relevant experience
• Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• Experience with Independent Contractors Certified Professional Contracts Manager and/or Certified Federal Contracts Manager is preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Materials Requirements Planning (MRP) systems
• Expert analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
•Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
•Long hours, exposure to weather and contingency conditions
•Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.