Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Director of Logistics (DOL). The DOL will handle the detailed planning, coordination, and execution of a multi-functional logistics operation supporting a complex organization comprised of a significant amount of personnel, equipment, supplies, locations and facilities at Camp Taji and other locations in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Supervises all aspects of Logistics operations; fuel, laundry, dining facility, vehicle maintenance, property, materials, waste management services and on base Iraqi vendor agreements
• Interfaces with Iraqi business elements and management to coordinate requirements and ensure standards are met
• Manages a small team of U.S. nationals supervising skilled and semi-skilled other country and local
• Communicate new requirements, concerns, and issues to the Program Manager (PM) and Deputy PM, and provide viable courses of actions for resolution
• Provides enterprise level perspective for all logistics functions to the PM and MSG-I VP
• Demonstrates experience and expertise across all logistics functions to include: operations, vehicle maintenance (wheeled and heavy equipment), MHE maintenance, laundry, fuel, dining facility operations, and property and materials management
• Responsible to the PM for the effective management and execution of logistics operations, vehicle maintenance, laundry, fuel, dining facility operations, and property and materials management (includes: commercial US, US government furnished and Government of Iraqi property)
• Plans all aspects of the logistics operations on site in accordance with the scope of the contract, and maintains direct oversight of the relevant subcontracts with emphasis on the dining facility and the Class 1 Food delivery subcontractor. Establish a detailed understanding of the Class I supply chain process, and ensure subcontractor’s compliance with requirements articulated in the Statement of Work
• Establishes and maintains project requirements for logistics operations to insure quality, and productivity objectives are met in all locations where project work is being performed
• Establishes and maintains operationally consistent work processes, mission based production and performance metrics, and efficient and cost effective project management
• Performs other duties as assigned and in other locations directed
• Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years of experience with Expeditionary logistics or leadership equivalent 8-10 years of experience in a related field may be substituted
• Past management experience in transportation, maintenance, supply, supply chain management and warehousing
• LOGCAP/Military management experience
• Former military BDE S4 and Division level G4 logistics experience highly preferred
• Interaction with Defense Logistics Agency experience preferred
• Demonstrated familiarity with computer programs Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated proficiency with Maximo and CostPoint
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and contingency conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.