Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
STG Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking qualified, professional, and experienced Compensation Technician (Volunteer Leave Bank Pool) in Charleston, SC. The U.S. Department of State (DoS), The Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Financial Services, Charleston has a requirement for a Compensation Technician in the Office of Global Compensation. The Compensation Technician position will be responsible for payroll processing, analysis, auditing and monitoring of payroll in the office of American Pay Processing (CGFS/GC/PPR/AMP).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
This Compensation Technician’s primary responsibilities for supporting the programs include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Program Initiation
• Receive program participation approval notification with coversheet and set up new VLP Case Spreadsheet
• Enter employee’s leave balances into case management database
• Biweekly maintenance update VLP Case Spreadsheet and management database
• Import leave accounting worksheet in to DIS from the CGFSGC Voluntary Leave mailbox
• Update the VLBP Master Bank Register to maintain statistical data for the Bank Board
• Process VLBP enrollment and annual leave deductions
• Receive VLP audit request prep work and closeout of VLP application actions in DIS
• Complete assigned actions items in DIS on aged report weekly
2. Donation Processing – Ensures that:
• Bank/Transfer Donation(s) are received and verified for regulation compliance
• Bank/ Transfer Donation is reduced from donor opening annual leave balance
• Bank/Transfer Donation is added to opening annual/sick leave balance based on case analysis from internal and outside agency donors
• Bank/Transfer Donation returned to internal and outside agency donor or the leave bank in (pro-rated/full amount)
• Maintain ongoing time and attendance and adjustments in case analysis spreadsheets
Software Systems Utilized:
CAPPS (Consolidated American Personnel & Payroll System), Report.web, VLP Sharepoint and Dashboard, Employee Express, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), Global Foreign Affairs Compensation System (GFACS), GFS Knowledge Base (KB), GEMS (Government Employee Management System), DIS (Document Imaging System & various websites of government agencies (Employee Express, IRS, TSP. Office of Personnel Management) and other software systems required to complete the job.
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The contractor is expected to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 6:15 am - 6:00 pm (Work Schedule will be defined based on the work requirements of Global Compensation). The Contractor has a non-compensated, 45-minute lunch Monday through Friday (between the hours of 11-2), excluding federal holidays observed at the government site. Performance under this task order may require work in excess of the normal forty-hour work week to include weekends as the workload requires it. Work performed in excess of 40 hours may be scheduled or unscheduled work and must be authorized by your Project Manager and DoS Management.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.