Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Deputy Fire Chief for our current contract located on Camp Taji, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Supports the leadership of the fire department to plan, organize and direct daily operations
• Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are maintained and followed
• Supervises a team of firefighters
• Perform firefighting activities
• Reviews SOPs and makes recommendation to improve services and develop efficiencies
• Performs hazard and risk assessments
• Conducts after accident investigations and reviews
• Coordinates with the Fire Chief and the rest of the executive management team
• Maintains inventories and equipment as necessary
• Carries out administrative duties to include data collection, database/records administration, and after-action reports
• Ensures contractual obligations are met
• Prepares for successful audit activities and ensures compliance
• Assumes the role of Fire Chief in his/her absence
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Three plus years’ of experience working in Fire and Emergency Services in the Middle East and/or Central Asia, in places such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Djibouti, Kuwait, Bahrain and others
• Possess a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• Current valid U.S. driver’s license
• Must have NFPA or other commercial firefighter equivalent certification for the following certification levels: Firefighter I and/or II level certification, Apparatus Driver/Operator for Pumper and ARFF vehicles, Aerials/Tillers, Airport Firefighter, Fire Officer I, Fire Instructor I and Fire Inspector I
• Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations Knowledge
• Ability to meet certain pre-deployment medical/dental screening requirements
• Current CPR card (American Heart or Red Cross); must have experience in and be trained and/or certified in the performance of basic emergency medical technician (EMT) duties
• LOGCAP/Military experience is preferable
• Work experience in hazardous environments desired
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Position will work shifts as required to support firefighting requirements on a 24/7 basis
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.