Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
**This position is contingent upon contract award**
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an EMT Paramedic Lead. The EMT Paramedic Lead will facilitate performing emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessments.
Essential Job Duties:
• Performs emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessments
• Assists with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks
• Communicates issues, preparing treatment rooms for examination of patients
• Provides care to patients
• Assisting patients with personal hygiene, nutrition, comfort, and safety
• Maintaining comfortable, orderly, safe, and clean environments
• Preparing patients for examinations
• Provides routine information related to medical treatments and procedures
• Measures and records vital signs, collects specimens, and escorts patients and visitors
• Prepares examining rooms, selects and lays out medical supplies, and maintains medical equipment
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent education required
• Experience as a Combat Medic or Navy Corpsman is desirable
• Must have completed an approved Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course, and certification as a Paramedic
• Associates degree from a community college or technical school sufficient to prepare for the NREMT examination is particularly desirable
• Clinical and EMT field experience
• Progressive experience with being shift lead supervisor of EMT-P’s in a clinical or EMS setting All EMTs shall be listed in the National Registry or holding a current unrestricted license in the U.S. or Canada
• All EMTs must hold current BLS certification
• All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long Hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.