Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 28 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
• MUST have one (1) year experience as an interpreter in a legal setting.
• Eligibility to work for any U.S. employer
• Ability to pass a background check
• Ability to read, write and speak French at a native level fluency. Proficient in both English and French vocabularies typically used in formal, consultative, and casual modes of communication
• Ability to speak English fluently with clear and intelligible pronunciation
• Ability to perform simultaneous, consecutive, and sight translation
• Federal, State, National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT), or Judiciary Interpreters and Translators Certification Examination (JITCE) certification in interpretation
• Experience providing interpretation for Department of Justice (DoJ) Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) court cases
• Fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Work is on an as-needed basis
• Shift-based schedules
• Office environment with differing locations depending upon assignment
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.