Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Safety Specialist - HAZMAT for our current contract located on Camp Taji, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Identify potential problems or areas for improvement and provide solutions
• Create ways to keep workers, customers, and clients safe from harm
• Design and recommends safe work spaces
• Inspect machines and test for faults
• Report and recommend removal of defective equipment
• Test air quality
• Investigate complaints
• Conduct random safety inspections and report recommendations to Site Management
• Design programs to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury
• Search for and identify biological, chemical, and radiological hazards
• Advise workers on proper lifting techniques
• Inform an organization's management of areas not in compliance with SMS-I safety policies
• Advise management on the necessity and effectiveness of safety and health programs for the employees
• Devise and implement health programs, policies and procedures and provide training on new rules
• Demonstrate how to recognize hazards and develop methods to predict hazards.
• Evaluate current equipment, products, facilities, or processes and those planned for future use
• Uncover patterns in injury data and evaluate the probability and severity of accidents
• Write accident reports
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable at times
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Requires periods of non-traditional hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary
• May require ability to lift/and or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.