Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Finance Specialist for our current contract located on Camp Taji, Iraq.
• Assist the Finance Department in following:
o Invoice packages
o Checking labor time-cards
o Participating in inventory audits
o Updating financial data
• Prepares work to be processed by gathering, sorting, organizing, and recording data, information, and documents
• Receives, reviews and audits for accuracy and compliance subcontractor labor time-cards
• Prepares the documentation/backup for the subcontractor labor invoices
• Receives, reviews and audits the independent contractor time-cards
• Reviews invoices for proper backup, authorization, and approvals
• Reviews invoices for correct general ledger accounts and contract codes, amounts, and distribution
• Responds to inquiries on invoice payment from vendors; investigates issues and questions related to payment processing and any discrepancies in a timely manner
• Tracks and reconciles wire confirmations
• Updates financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
• Participates in inventory audit process
• Participates in projects performed by the Finance Department
• Performs other duties as assigned by management
• Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics (or equivalent)
• Three to five years of related experience
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
• Good strategic and tactical business skills
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Ability to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.
• Extended hours or weekend work sometimes required to meet department deadlines
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.