Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Transportation Movement Coordinator for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Responsible for assisting the Transportation Supervisor in coordinating all ground movements to include the Arrival/Departure of subcontract security provider’s security escort teams (SET) to and from BIAP and Camp Taji, Iraq
• Assists in reviewing all ground movement requests and recommends options to accommodate their travel dates per the SET availability and scheduled movements
• Ensures linkup between travelers and subcontract security provider prior to departure
• Assists in determining traveler’s selection and sends confirmation
• Assists with coordinating travel arrangements with subcontract security company for SET team
• Conducts briefs with travelers prior to departure from Camp Taji
• Ensures that Electronic Memos list is obtained and memo produced with appropriate authorizations and handed to the passengers prior to departure
• Informs PMO Operations on all scheduled movements
• Attends meetings, briefs and submits reports to Senior and/or Site Management in the absence of the Transportation Supervisor
• Adheres to and ensures compliance with all Movement Control plans and policies
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma
• Two (2) years of current transportation dispatch experience
• Knowledge of transportation management systems
• Knowledge of local customs and culture
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.