Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an Electrical Lead (Master Electrician) for our current contract located on Camp Taji, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Assigns duties and inspects work of electricians and helpers, ensuring safety training and code compliance
• Assembles, installs, tests, and maintains electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
• Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and component, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
• Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
• Inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
• Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
• Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
• Inspects existing facilities and installations as required by the statement of work
• Locates and repairs defects in electrical systems and identify circuit Life, Health, and Safety (LHS) issues
• Trains and provides vocational development of subordinates
• Estimates and orders supplies and materials needed by Electricians
• Reviews accuracy of work reports
• Recommends improvements and revisions to current maintenance procedures
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide high quality, seamless service
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Six or more years of experience as an Electrician with at least two years in a Foreman/Lead role
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Expat: Valid Journeyman Electrician License (or higher) or proof of training/competency or certificate of completion from Electrical Apprenticeship program
• FN-A: Completion of Electrical Apprenticeship and minimum two (2) years of relevant Technical Trade School with certification
• FN-E: Completion of Electrical Apprenticeship or relevant Technical School certification
• FN-UK: Valid Joint Industry Board (JIB) Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS)-graded Electrician with current BS 7671 accreditation
• Prefer OSHA 30 Certification and facilities maintenance experience
• Additional experience and education requirements may vary by assignment
• Demonstrate mastery of applicable National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or British Standard (BS) and able to pass an electrical trade test
• Knowledge and skill in safe operation and application of instrumentation to include circuit testers, power analyzers, ground rod resistance meters, ground fault loop impedance testers, and residual current device testers
• Skill in classifying electrical distribution systems, troubleshooting, identifying circuit faults and fault loop circuit paths, and proper grounding and bonding
• Ability to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, instructions, and other technical documentation
• Fluent in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
• Additional knowledge and skill requirements may vary by assignment
• Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable at times
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Requires periods of non-traditional hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary
• May require ability to lift/and or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.