Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a QA/QC Supervisor - Security / Fire / Safety / Medical for our current contract located on Camp Taji, Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Conducts field audits and inspections of contractual services for conformance to contractual requirements
• Supervises Quality Control technicians and inspectors
• Helps QA/QC Manager in the development, coordination, and supervision of the QA/QC programs such as Security, Fire, Safety and Medical
• Monitors, verifies and documents SOPs related to daily departmental operations
• Supervises the production of consistent quality products through the development and enforcement of excellent maintenance and operator practices, and procedures
• Helps in communicating product safety and quality standards to company personnel
• Monitors the production environment to identify areas where quality or safety procedures can be implemented or improved
• Communicates to management work processes and compliance with standards deviations
• Supervises that all QC instruments are up to date and calibrated. (Water meters, scales, thermometers, metal detectors, Special Maintenance tools, gas meters)
• Works with suppliers regarding MHE equipment specifications and quality
• Assists in the development of new procedures for inspection of MHE equipment
• Assists in all audits –both internal and external, prepare audit reports
• Monitors appropriate controls, sample plans, hold/release system, code rotation, processing controls, and equipment systems where problems may exist
• Aids in training, coaching, mentoring, empowering and developing team members. This includes coordinating team involvement activities to drive “continuous quality improvement” processes
• Perform inspections on MHE equipment to ensure that equipment meets all safety standards IAW manufacture and operator manual
• Conducts relevant training and education on MHE Equipment
• Help in training employees in quality systems and procedures
• Follows up on customer complaints and works together with management to reduce complaints
• Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
• Implement and maintain software procedures as process updates and changes occur
• Plan, prepare, and present quality training: manage training facilities, equipment, materials and schedules
• Provides support for Quality analysis and data presentations made to management and customers
• Assist Manager with internal and customer corrective action reporting
• Act as quality point of contact for customers and inspectors, site management, and field operations managers
• Assist in development design, and implementation planning of inspection system components and methods
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum four (4) years’ work experience with at least two (2) years in QAQC
• Bachelor Degree; two (2) additional years of experience for each year of college
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office software including, word, excel, and outlook
• Relevant overseas government contracting experience preferably with the Department of Defense
• Understanding of QAQC Activities and accountabilities
• Ability to understand relationship between QAQC activities and contract performance
• Certification in any areas that will assist in the performance of duties
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.