Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an Operations Specialist for our current contract located in Camp Taji, Iraq. The Operations Specialist is responsible for assisting the Project Management Operations Team for a Base Life Support Services program; the collection, analysis, accuracy, compliance of data and the timely submission of reports in support of MSG-I.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Assists the Operations Supervisor in the implementation of organizational policies, practices, procedures; assures the achievement of operational goals
• Responsible for timely and accurate submission of daily, weekly, and monthly reports to SOSi Senior Management, Site Management, and the Customer as required
• Communicates with Site Management Teams to ensure compliance with current Customer requirements; forecasts future requirements and assists in the development of work processes to fulfill Customer needs
• Utilizes various Microsoft databases to track and identify trends in accordance with SOSi policies in order to create unique spreadsheets and presentations as needed
• Gathers and analyzes pertinent data regarding metrics, activities, and incidents while reflecting results in clear comprehensive reports
• Relays messages/alerts clear and concisely over a base-wide public announcement system.
• Tracks various information such as movements to and from the Site by working in cohesion with other departments and Sub-Contracting companies
• Coordinates conferences and meetings; may be required to assemble background materials, attend meetings and record proceedings
• Maintains accurate records through data collection from written reports
• Tracks specified special activities from SOSi Management for the Customer
• Tracks In/Out processing of personnel arriving/departing the SOSi program
• Coordinates and tracks movement of employees and Customers entering/departing Camp Taji
• Alerts/tracks Camp Taji emergency services i.e.; Medical, Fire, Security, and HSE in the event of needed emergency services
• Understands base security operations and monitors live camera feeds from security towers while on shift
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Associate’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, and 3 years of experience directly related to Base Life Support Services.
• Strong to advanced computer and software proficiency to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets and electronic presentations; high proficiency in typing, math, grammar and computers
• Operates office equipment (e.g. Computer; Scanner; VoIP Phone; Printer(s),
• Familiar with basic radio rules and procedures
• Familiar with Adobe Acrobat Pro and Illustrator
• Organized, professional, courteous; possesses a strong work ethic and ability to grasp Mission requirements
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to make significant presentations; Fluency and confidence in speaking the English language
• Verifiable success working in OCONUS Federal Contracting with the Department of Defense, Department of State, Contingency Operations or other international assignments
• Ability to wear Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) such as a ballistic vest and helmet
• Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote, austere and uncomfortable
• Long working hours; exposure to weather and hazardous conditions, works under a semi stressful environment at times without negatively impacting the mission
• Prepared for the possibility of moving on short notice, under adverse conditions
The above information in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.