Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Light Vehicle Maintenance Foreman for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the service line work of the Light Vehicle Shop
• Compiles operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results
• Computes estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, and outside contractors
• Conducts or arranges for worker training in safety, repair and maintenance techniques, operational procedures and equipment use
• Determines schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and sill of personnel
• Inspects, tests, and measures completed work, using devices such as hand tools and gauges to verify conformance to standards and repair requirements
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders in order to construct templates and lay out reference points for workers
• Patrols and monitors work areas and examines tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules
• Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment and replacement parts
• Develop and implement electronic maintenance programs and computer information management systems as required
• Monitors tool inventories and the condition and maintenance for shops in order to ensure adequate working conditions
• Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations, using equipment such as hand and power tools, hydraulic presses and shears, and welding equipment
• Ensures customer satisfaction with services provided
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 2 to 5 years of related experience
• Experience working overseas; preferably Iraq or Afghanistan
• Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills
• Working knowledge with Microsoft Office Platforms (Excel, Visio, Power Point and Word)
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.