Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, willing to work in a fast-paced environment independently and in a team environment. The individual will work closely with developers, project managers, software test engineers and other stakeholders throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process developing database code (programming), performing triage of operational issues, collaborating with team members on design and architecture, and acting as an overall database Subject Matter Expert. The individual should have a strong understanding of the Agile SDLC processes and database programming, management, and tuning methodologies.
· Senior-level Oracle database experience and proficiency in PL/SQL programming, SQL query development and optimization, data analysis and manipulation, DDL for functions, view, stored procedures and other objects
· Experienced with SQL Server development, to include T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, and Stored Procedures
· Designs, develops, implements, and maintains database packages, procedures, and functions that accommodates changing business priorities and technological changes while providing availability, scalability, performance, recoverability, reliability, and security
· Acts as liaison for Oracle DB performance, integration, migration, upgrade, storage, and replication strategies
· Database Administration skills, to include Oracle Performance Tuning, Oracle Administration, Operating Systems (Oss), Scripting Languages (shell, batch, etc.)
· Solid understanding of database and related tools and applications, to include Oracle Relational Database Management System (RDBMS); Oracle Export, Import, and Data Pump; Structured Query Language (SQL); Transact-SQL (T-SQL); Oracle SQL Plus; Siebel
· Focuses on Performance Tuning of database instance across various applications/systems, to include indexing and optimizer strategies, stored procedures/triggers, partitioning, locking schemes, temporary spaces/sort area, and memory management
· Monitors the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
· Experienced with extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes and reporting
· Interacts with project management and Agile development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and database development objectives
· Experienced in full software development life cycle (SDLC) including requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing and maintenance
· Participates in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different team members to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
· Documents, tracks and escalates issues as appropriate
· Participates in Scrum teams in support of Agile projects while supporting end-to-end support for build, deployment, and operational activities
· Performs work without significant supervision
· Works collaboratively to meet team goals/mission
· Exercises considerable latitude, discretion, and independent judgment in determining technical objectives of assignments
· Able to perform and produce in a fast-paced development environment
· Routine operation maintenance including installations, upgrades, patching, monitoring, auditing, issue resolution
BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related degree preferred, plus 10 years of related experience
· Expertise in database technologies (Oracle 11g/9i and SQL Server 2003/2008/2012)
· Agile Scrum experience**MUST have secret clearance or ability to obtain a clearance.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously
· Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
· Experienced in supporting internal and external clients
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.