Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVACR) Mechanic / Technician for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Performs installation, maintenance, service, and repairs on various makes and models of heat pumps, electric heat, and A/C units utilizing knowledge of refrigeration, electrical, and mechanical principles
• Maintains, installs, repairs, and properly charges heat pumps and up to twenty (20)-ton air conditioners according to manufacturer specifications
• Identifies, adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective mechanical, electrical, and electronic components
• Removes, replaces, and properly disposes of system refrigerants, compressor, oil, filters, and dryers
• Estimates and orders materials and supplies as needed
• Completes maintenance and repair records
• Clearly communicates with the customer
• Repairs and maintains washers, dryers, and small appliances
• Leads and advises assigned helpers
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Performs trouble-shooting and repair services for refrigerated containers. Will handle complex repairs and servicing duties.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with refrigeration units such as refrigerated containers and walk-in freezers and chillers.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience repairing, maintaining, and installing heat pumps, A/C units with electric heat, and fuel-fired heaters
• Expat: Trade certification in heating and air conditioning; EPA Section 608 Universal Certification
• Trade certification in heating and air conditioning; verifiable host country certification in Freon Recovery/Recycling
• Prefer experience repairing washers and dryers
• Additional experience and education requirements may vary by assignment
• Working knowledge of how to install, repair, and maintain environmental control systems to include package units, split-systems, and through-the-wall units
• Knowledge and skill in safe operation of power tools, hand tools, oxygen, and acetylene equipment employed in maintenance and repair, including use of volt meter, amp meter, refrigerant charging gauges, vacuum analyzer, vacuum pump, and refrigerant reclaim equipment
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as electrical schematics, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manual
• Skill in properly analyzing and repairing problems associated with environmental control systems
• Ability to reclaim refrigerant, cut, bend, braze, solder, and connect functional sealed system components
• Additional knowledge and skill requirements may vary by assignment
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.