Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a DFAC Army Food Management Information Systems (AFMIS) Operator for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Responsible for ensuring that the AFMIS is accurately maintained and properly utilized in order that food services be managed effectively and in accordance with guidelines
• Assists the DFAC Manager in the planning of all meals served with emphasis on food utilization and nutritional requirements
• Confirms menus compatible with standards and budget in accordance with AFMIS
• Monitors food service activities and controls purchases of food and DFAC supplies in accordance with the AFMIS SOP and user’s guide
• Assists the DFAC Manager on staffing patterns daily to ensure efficient and effective production, recommend adjustments as needed
• Participates in food service equipment inspections to ensure safe and proper operation in order to meet the requirements of the AFMIS specified menu development
• Demonstrates full understanding and operational effectives of all large-scale kitchen equipment, including dishwashing machines
• Assists in providing oversight to ensuring the safe, clean preparation of nutritional and appealing meals and offering culinary instruction to subordinate employees, subcontractors, and/or labor broker personnel
• Assists in overseeing inventory, ordering and food storage per AFMIS
• Ensures all food service operations are in compliance with health and safety codes while adhering to the menu plan as dictated by AFMIS
• Supports USMIL (Veterinary) and Public Health inspections for all food storage areas to include the receipt of food items from the DLA source provider
• Recommends cost controls while working within the parameters of AFMIS
• Encourages a safe and sanitary working environment
• Maintains records and prepares the required reports by contract regarding cost, budgeting, quality assurance and food subsides in accordance with the AFMIS SOP and USG regulations
• Provides training to diverse multicultural group on food procedures, receiving and storing of food, protective measures and preventative maintenance on food service equipment
• Reviews specialty dishes and recipes as required in accordance with AFMIS
• Prepares for QAR and Preventive Med visits and inspections and takes corrective actions as directed
• Provides information and reports as related to inventory, ordering, and food storage to DOL and DFAC managers to ensure facilitate a strong supply chain as dictated by AFMIS and associated USG regulations
• Operates in strict compliance with established health and safety requirements for Public Health Command CENTCOM approved sources
• Provides staffing schedules, forecasts and reports
• Experience working as an AFMIS Operator in the US Military with 3-5 years of verifiable experience in the food service industry
• Experience operating and managing Dining Facilities warehouse operations and storage for facilities serving 3000-5000 meals daily
• At least five years of experience overseeing supply chain support to retail food service to include DLA source management
• Computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets and electronic presentations and AFMIS
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Prior experience in an overseas contingency environment
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• May require the ability to lift / and or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.