Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Senior Strategic Communications Planner (SSCP) for a full-time position supporting our United States Government (USG) customer. The SSCP serves as a civilian counterpart to customers working with senior military personnel to plan for, develop and execute strategic communications plans. This position reports to the In-Country Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Acts as a planner and advisor to U.S. and Coalition MISO and IO Officers
• Assists in long term and short term planning of MISO and IO that support USG strategic objectives
• Provides research and insight to support target audience analysis and product development
• Incorporates assessments in MISO process
• Integrates pillars of IO within planning and execution
• Produces Operation Plans (OPLANs), Operation Orders (OPORDs), Fragmentation Orders (FRAGOs), white papers, and other military documents as required
• Prepares and presents briefs for senior USG and military officials, and Afghan Government leaders. Work products must be of General Officer or Senior Executive level quality
• Liaises with representatives from various governmental and non-governmental organizations
• As a liaison, synchronize, de-conflict between supported organization and other IO related agencies
• Serves as continuity for supported organization
• DOD TOP SECRET with SCI eligibility security clearance
• Bachelor's Degree and experience and familiarity with the Afghan and international media environment strongly preferred
• Minimum 10+ years of experience working in Strategic Communication/IO/PSYOP disciplines with the U.S. military, and have held the rank or equivalent of O-5/GS-14.
• Understanding of the PSYOP/MISO process
• Familiar with Military Decision Making Process (MDMP)
• Current or previous support to the USCENTCOM AOR desired
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the culture, history, politics, economics and ethnographic makeup of Afghanistan
• Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with senior U.S. and Afghan Government leaders. Work products must be of General Officer or Senior Executive level quality.
• Must have working proficiency in Microsoft Office Power Point, Excel, and Word
• Proficient operating required computer and communications equipment, including standard word processing, graphic presentation, spreadsheet and email software
• Work cooperatively with the U.S. military, other U.S. governmental agencies, and their counterparts from the international community represented in Afghanistan
• Function effectively during heightened threat levels and extended periods of high stress and physical danger and discomfort
• Organize and properly prioritize work assignments and function well in an environment that requires constant multi-tasking - and often long hours
• Excellent written, oral, briefing, interpersonal and technical skills
• Live and work daily with military customer in austere conditions across Afghanistan
• Function effectively and efficiently in a conflict zone, during extended periods of high pressure and stress
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.