Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Materials Control Specialist for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Responsible for stock control, inventory management, material sorting, identification, retrograde and warehousing
• Administers production control, inventory control, shipping and receiving of materials
• Checks parts and materials for damage and verifies quantity, part number, and serial number of shipped items
• Records and prepares status reports of requested and received items
• Under general supervision, and occasional direct supervision, performs assignments requiring experience and knowledge of standard concepts within their field
• Displays core job competencies by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures while developing advanced skills
• Coordinates materials for retrograde, issue, repackaging, storage, disposal, or shipment to designated locations
• Removes materials from inventory and prepares for shipment to include proper blocking, bracing, crating, and packing inside shipping containers and on pallets for truck and/or air movement
• Identifies materials by proper military class of supply
• Maintains records and provides trace ability of documentation through required inventory management accounting or other designated tracking system from receipt and acceptance through issue and shipment process
• Verifies materials or merchandise received against shipping/invoicing documents and accurately record discrepancies and/or damage to materials
• Examines stored materials for deterioration and damage, providing proper documentation for disposal
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Minimum two (2) years logistics experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in cargo documentation and logistical movement control
• Prefer experience as Material Handling Equipment (MHE) Operator
• Prefer Associate’s Degree in logistics or management
• Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including, word, excel, and outlook
• Cost Point and Maximo Data Base management experience
• Home Country Driver’s License and Forklift License (2k up to 10k, smooth surface, rough terrain and telehandlers)
• Relevant overseas government contracting experience preferably with the Department of Defense
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.