Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Dispatcher for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles for conveyance of materials, freight, or passengers, or for normal installation, service or emergency repairs rendered outside the place of business
• Duties may include using radio, telephone, or computer to transmit assignments and compiling statistics and reports on work progress
• Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment
• Determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to work orders or specifications
• Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules
• Prepare daily work and run schedules
• Receive or prepare work orders
• Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory and other dispatch information
• Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, supervisors, and field inspectors using telephones or two-way radios
• Arrange for necessary repairs in order to restore service and schedules
• Schedule and dispatch workers, work crews, equipment, or service vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones
• 3-5 years of current transportation dispatch experience with multi temp loads in a shipper environment
• Transportation Management Systems
• Excellent MS-Office computer skills
• Skilled problem resolution attributes
• Solid customers service experience
• Strong current operations experience
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.