Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Site Safety Officer (SSO) for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq. The Site Safety Officer supports the execution of SSH Programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Implements policy and process documents for safety programs
• Application of SSHO regulations and standards
• Applies solutions to SSHO related issues including investigations of accidents and near-misses, summation of findings, and recommendation of strategies to prevent recurrences
• Supervises proposals and the implementation of a course of action approved by the Company and the Client
• Conducts mishap/incident investigations and completes required reports
• Maintains an OSHA Form 300 or equivalent injury and illness log and Daily Production reports for prime and subcontractors
• Maintains applicable safety reference material on the job site
• Assists in the implementation of systems and standards to facilitate the capturing and analysis of SSHO statistics
• Trains and certifies SOSi and Subcontractor workers on OSHA 10/30
• Implements and enforces APPS and AHAs
• Maintains a safety and health deficiency tracking system that monitors outstanding deficiencies until resolution. Posts a list of unresolved safety and health deficiencies on the safety bulletin board
• Ensures sub-contractor compliance with safety and health requirements
• Assists in the preparation, maintenance, retrieval, and communication of records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring the application of SSHO standards and goals
• Maintain a list of hazardous chemicals on site and their material safety data sheets
• Maintains liaison with personnel and representatives to coordinate and de-conflict all efforts across the customer sites on behalf of the SOSi Program Management Office
• Assists in maintaining accountability for project compliance with regulations, laws, policies, and procedures while remaining thoroughly familiar with relevant U.S. and host country regulations and laws as well as SOSi policies and procedures
• Assists in documenting meetings as required by EM 385-1-1
• Performs other duties that may be assigned
• Two (2) years of construction industry safety experience spent in Iraq, Afghanistan, or comparable contingency environment
• Completion of the 30 hour OSHA Construction safety class or as an equivalent, 30 hours of Formal construction safety and health training covering the subjects of the OSHA 30 hour Course
• Working knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulatory requirements to include FAR 52.23613, Accident Prevention, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Safety and Health Requirements, Manual, EM 38511, 01.A.17, all associated sub-paragraphs and applicable OSHA Standards
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team
• Completion of OSHA 500, OSHA 501; additional OSHA 510, OSHA 511 courses are desired, but not required
• Demonstrable proficiency in MS Office suite (or comparable) and project management platforms
• Ability to pass basic physical and background checks sufficient for duty in a Contingency/military environment
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.