Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
**This position is contingent upon contract award**Simultaneous or Consecutive Interpreter/Translator, Task Order Deputy Program Manager
SOSi International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an individual with program management experience, fluent in Arabic (preferably w/ Iraqi Dialect) or Arabic/Kurdish (preferably w/ Iraqi Dialect), as well as English, to provide simultaneous or consecutive interpretation, and translation, as well as program management support.
This position is in support of the Department of State efforts in Iraq and will be located at the US Embassy in Baghdad.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• As a Simultaneous Interpreter, you must faithfully express the speaker's intent while working in the simultaneous mode (using equipment, voiceover or whisper techniques); must also demonstrate the ability to interpret in the consecutive mode• As a Consecutive Interpreter, you must work in the consecutive mode and be capable of conveying a minimum of one sentence at a time accurately, after hearing it in full, without using notes• As a Translator, you must prepare a full and faithful translation, requiring limited research and formatted in the manner prescribed by the client; language quality must be appropriate to the complexity of the source material and require little editing for clarity, consistency and readability; standard nouns of grammar, spelling and punctuation must be observed
As the Deputy Program Manager:
• Be accountable for daily work assignments and end products• Implement and ensure full operation of the Quality Control Plan• Ensure that each Linguist(s) has completed assigned work prior to the end of the Linguist's shift; ensure smooth transition to the next shift• Maintain records of work production, evidence control, and other administrative records as required • Prepare and present to the COR a monthly schedule detailing adequate personnel coverage for each forthcoming month• Maintain time and attendance records for all contract employees
• Must have, at minimum, an active Top-Secret clearance• Must be fluent in speaking, reading, writing Arabic or Arabic/Kurdish, and English• Must be willing to take, and able to pass, Interagency Language Round Table (ILR) tests with a level 4/4, in the Target Language and English, for Speaking and Reading; additional testing for Listening and Writing may be required• Must have the ability to understand basic elements of speech in a standard dialect• Must have the ability to comprehend slang and colloquial expressions in the required foreign language(s) and translate them into their English equivalent• Must have the ability to work well under pressure to meet specific deadlines• Must have basic typing/word processing skills of at least 30 wpm • Must have the ability to understand requirements necessary to perform specific tasks being processed and produces
Must have one of the following:
• A Bachelor's degree with:• Major Study of the Target language from an English-speaking college or university; or,• Major Study of English from a college or university in a foreign country
Specialist experience with:
• Two (2) or more years' experience in translating, interpreting, or other work requiring the use of English and the Target language(s); or,• Combination of work (that required English and other Target language(s)) and training at the Defense Language Institute (DLI), Foreign Service Institute (FSI), or comparable training institute• Must have minimum of five (3-5) years' management experience; preferable with management experience in a hazardous environment
Position Type & Hours of Work
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.