Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking an EMT Paramedic for a full time position on our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Facilitate performing emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessment
• Performs emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessment
• Utilizes additional care providers in all medical facilities to assist with patient administration
• Checks vital signs
• Administers post-operative, intravenous, and intramuscular medications
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and resuscitative trauma care
• Documenting care delivered and follow up care required
• Minimum three (3) years of experience in an ER and/or ICU/CCU environment is required
• High School diploma, GED, or equivalent education required
• Must have completed an approved Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) course, and certification as a Paramedic
• Clinical and EMT field experience
• All EMTs shall be listed in the National Registry or holding a current unrestricted license in the U.S. or Canada
• All EMTs must also hold a current Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) that has been recognized as meeting or exceeding any of the EVOC standards set by ANHTSA, IACP or IADLEST
• Course Medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
• Must hold current BLS and ACLS certification
• All health care providers and medical support staff must have recent clinical experience in patient care for at least six months out of the past year
• Recent completion of Tactical Combat Casualty Care or comparable advanced trauma course or exceptional simulation training is desirable
• Experience as a Combat Medic or Navy Corpsman is desirable
• Associate degree from a community college or technical school sufficient to prepare for the NREMT examination is particularly desirable
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long Hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse condition
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.