Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a qualified Dining Facility Assistant Manager for our current contract located on Camp Taji in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Responsible for helping manage and direct all food services of the Forward Operating Base (FOB)
• Assist the DFAC Manager in the preparation of all meals served with emphasis on safe food handling and nutritional requirements
• Originates menus compatible with standards and budget in accordance with AFMIS
• Prepares foods and refreshments in keeping with diners’ tastes and dietary needs in accordance with contract requirements per the Army’s Food Management Information System (AFMIS)
• Monitors food service activities to ensure food quality and professional service
• Controls purchases of food and supplies
• Assist the DFAC Manager on staffing patterns daily to ensure efficient and effective production, recommend adjustments as needed
• Inspects food service equipment to ensure safe and proper operation
• Coordinates effective cleanliness and sanitation through the Food Service Department
• Demonstrates full understanding and operational effectives of all large-scale kitchen equipment, including dishwashing machines
• Assists in providing oversight to ensuring the safe, clean preparation of nutritional and appealing meals and offering culinary instruction to subordinate employees, subcontractors, and/or labor broker personnel
• Assists in overseeing inventory, ordering and food storage per AFMIS
• Ensure all food service operations are in compliance with health and safety codes while adhering to the menu plan as dictated by AFMIS
• Responsible for successful performance on USMIL (Veterinary) and Public Health inspections
• Develop and implement effective cost controls while working within the parameters of AFMIS
• Enforces a safe and sanitary working environment
• Assure quality and quantity of food preparation and delivery
• Maintain records required by contract regarding cost, budgeting, quality assurance and food subsides in accordance with AFMIS requirements
• Supervise and train diverse multicultural group on food procedures, receiving and storing of food, protective measures and preventative maintenance on food service equipment
• Review specialty dishes and recipes as required
• Manage QAR and Preventive Med visits and inspections and be able to resolve complaints regarding to food quality, service, or venues
• Oversee inventory, ordering, and food storage; and provide guidance to the Director of Logistics and DFAC enterprise in the management of the supply chain as dictated by AFMIS
• Ensure food service operation is in strict compliance with established health and safety requirements for Public Health Command CENTCOM approved sources
• Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety
• Manage staff work schedule, and forecast DFAC personnel leave schedule to ensure all personnel utilize their PTO for your assigned shift
• Performs duties as the DFAC Manager in his/her absence
• Willingness to live and work under environmental and other conditions that may be uncomfortable at times
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
• Requires periods of non-traditional hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary
• May require ability to lift/and or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.