Get the latest from SOSi through social media updates and tweets.
For 29 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Human Resources Professional to provide administrative support to the Office of Security Cooperation - Iraq (OSC-I).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Functions as the administrative and personnel center responsible for the following:
o Preparing, organizing, maintaining and reviewing personnel records
o Data entry and retrieval
o Processing recommendations
o Arranging awards ceremonies
o Preparing, updating and coordinating requests for evaluations
o Leaves of absence
o Ordering and maintaining office supplies
o Maintaining filing systems
o Other jobs as required
o Coordinates travel for deployment, redeployment and leave
o Supports the development of documents and reports pertaining to SOP’s, briefings and reports
o Execute management controls and ensure continuity of operations
• Must have at least 24 months specialized experience involving the administering, delivering, maintaining, advising, and adapting basic concepts, principles, and theories of Military Human Resources to the unique organizational, management, and mission requirements of a Joint environment
• Must have knowledge of and skill in applying, fundamental military human resource management principles and practices; and standardized analytical and evaluative methods and techniques in order to provide technical expertise and guidance as well as management advisory services to resolve factual and procedural issues within the particular area of assignment
• Must have general knowledge of the organizational structure and requirements of the various services and US Central Command suitable to provide advice to commanders, unit administrators, and military members concerning the area of program specialty
• Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with individuals, supervisors, and management
• Must have experience which demonstrates the ability to examine reports, forms, and other documents to insure completeness and conformity to policy and procedures
• Must have experience which demonstrates the basic working knowledge of computers
• Must have experience demonstrating the ability to apply rules and regulations to personnel actions
• Must have experience demonstrating the ability to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
• Must have experience demonstrating application of an extensive body of military human resources rules, procedures, and operations sufficient to process a wide variety of military human resources actions, transactions, and non-standard HR-support work including planning, coordinating, developing and/or resolving support problems in one or more HR specialist areas
• Must have the ability to answer complex and unusual military HR questions and issue
• Requires at least a high school diploma
• Candidate must have completed a military personnel school
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office products
• Must possess a US Secret clearance
• Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
• Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
• Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
©2015 SOS International, LLC. All rights reserved.